I love to sprinkle this masala over gulab jamuns, jalebis, any kheer or payasams, malpua, sheera (sooji halwa) and even on bread pudding's etc.
You can sprinkle them over vanilla/ mango/ or chocolate icecream when you want Indian flavor. Mix 2 spoons in a glass of cold milk or yoghurt for an instant drink it will taste similar to thandai or lassi. If you feel like having a cup of masala doodh or badam milk just mix this milk masala in hot milk.
2 tbsp almond/ badam (unroasted and unsalted)
2 tbsp pistachios/ pista (unroasted and unsalted)
1-2 tbsp cashew pieces
3 green cardamoms (elaichi) don't peel them, use with its peel
1/4- 1/2 cup sugar grains (use more sugar if your are mixing it in milk or yoghurt, use less if using it as a sprinkle
1/2 tsp saffron strands
- Powder the sugar and the cardamom in a coffee grinder or dry grinder.
- Next add all the nuts into this. Grind it into coarse powder. Grind it with a pulse motion (i.e., keep stopping every few secs, open the jar and stir the nuts and restart again). This will prevent the mixture from turning into an oily mass, and also the mixer jar does not heat up. Sugar helps the nut powder to remain dry.
- Remove this powder from the jar and mix in saffron strands (you can lightly crush them with fingers) into this.
- If you grind the cardamoms along with the nuts you might find that some of the cardamoms might remain as it is. So it is better to grind them before adding the nuts.
- Store it in a dry air tight jar inside a dark cupboard.
- It will stay fresh for more months if refrigerated.
For thandai- In addition to this powder you can mix in ground black pepper corns (kali meeri), ground saunf and dried rose petals or rose water.
|Bread halwa using this mix|
|Chocolate bread pudding with mik masala|
Check out the some recipes from my other blog- sameveggiemanyways.
You can cook these in rice cooker too.
Hope you found this recipe useful. Please visit again and stay connected.
You can just give a simple click on Facebook/ Twitter/ Google+/email buttons below and share it with your friends today. Thank you !