1 cup -Instant (poha) mix
2-3 tbsp -oil
1 potato-(chopped, about 1 cup)
1 onion -(chopped, about 1 cup)
You can use either potato or onion or both
1/2 tsp -salt
1. Soak Instant Rustic Indian Beaten Rice (poha) mix in water (room temperature) for 20 mins.
2. Fluff the poha flakes gently with a spoon.
3. Boil potato, peel and chop it into cubes. (you can boil potato cubes in microwave safe bowl along with 2 tbsp water for 4-5 mins). Peel and cube onion.
4. Heat oil in rice cooker or non stick pan or a microwave proof glass bowl add cubed potatoes along with a pinch of salt and fry 3 mins stirring time to time (but in Microwave it takes 2mins)
5. You can fry onion first and then add potatoes, either way is fine. If you are adding both onion and potato increase oil to 3 tbsp.
6. Add chopped onions in to it and fry for 3-5 mins till onions are translucent.
7. Mix in the poha, stir gently.
8. Cover the pan with a lid and cook till it is heated through.
9. You can top it with coriander leaves, grated fresh coconut, gram flour sev. For a slight tart version you can squeeze in few drops of limejuice .
Remembering this recipe is easier now. Click this to print the RECIPE LABEL .
Print n stick it on your instant mix jar.
Hope you found this recipe useful. Please visit again and stay connected.
You can just give a simple click on Facebook/ Twitter/ Google+/email buttons below and share it with your friends today. Thank you !